Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Ribbon Chart Rankings Incorrect

Hi, I have noticed something odd with our Ribbon Charts. I have noticed that the rankings are incorrect. I thought it had something to do with slicers but I have tested by removing all slicers.

It seems to be ranking the actual rank + 1. Below it is ranking 2018 Q4 Dec 1.64.6 as 2 when clearly it is 1 and 2019 Q1 Jan 1.64.6 as 4 when it is 3. The chart starts off correct but goes wrong a few months in, I have tried shortening the time frame but it still errors at a different place.

Has anyone else experienced this?

RibbonSlicer.PNG

In this example the error occurs about half way through the time frame. Up to this point it's correct.

IncorrectIncorrectIncorrectIncorrect

5 REPLIES 5
talk2frank
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue with ribbon charts not ordering their ranking correctly, sadly no fix that I'm aware of

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gooranga1,

Based on my test using the Power BI desktop version :2.65.5313.1381 64-bit (December 2018). No issue has been foudn here.  Could you share the pbix, if you don't have confidential data? 

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft

Have you managed to replicate this issue?

Thanks

Is it just me that is having this issue with Ribbon charts? I have been told these are working as designed but I can't understand the explanation.

I added a date slicer to the above pbix file to see when the rankings change and it's when the start date goes from the 23/08/2018 to 24/08/2018. This can't be correct can it??

Ranking CorrectRanking CorrectRanking IncorrectRanking Incorrect

Hi @v-frfei-msft

pbix file

I have taken an export of the particular dataset with no sensitive information and created a ribbon chart and I get the same issue. It starts August to September ribbons.

RibbonSlicer3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.