Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NadaKiju
Frequent Visitor

Ribbon Chart Kicking Out a Record - Sometimes

As a summary of what I am doing - I am trying to display to the business the number of units sold by a retailer over a period of time, grouped monthly, and how the "rankings" of each retailer changes over time. Each ribbon in the chart is a different retailer. When I have this particular set of months selected, the visual shows me something like this: 

More than 22 Months Selected.PNG

However, when I remove a month so that it is only showing me the last 22 months, it looks like this: 

Only 22 Months Selected.PNG

That giant grey ribbon is a single retailer that dwarfs the rest of them. It isn't a strange issue with not being able to pull a certain month in though because I can change the months that I have selected, including months that previously would have made this retailer disappear from the chart, and the retailer will show up still.

Different Months.PNG

Here is another grouping that makes the giant retailer disappear again. 

More Months.PNG

I thought that it must have to do with my slicers or how I have grouped my data and have changed just about everything, or removed everything and then added it back later, and I cannot figure out what is causing the report to kick out that one retailer sometimes, but not others. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NadaKiju
Frequent Visitor

Update - I filtered the retailers using the Top N filter type and now the chart is no longer excluding retailers as the dates shift.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NadaKiju
Frequent Visitor

Update - I filtered the retailers using the Top N filter type and now the chart is no longer excluding retailers as the dates shift.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.