Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Keegan_Patton
Advocate I
Advocate I

Ribbon Access keys ( ALT )

I have recently been experiencing some issues with the ribbon access keys that can be used by pressing 'ALT' in PBI desktop.

I have looked for some solutions and threads like this one that reference external conflicts being the root cause of the issue. This does not appear to be the case for me as I can access the first heirarchy of commands, but when navigating to the inner ribbon options, my inputs are not registered. This was not an issue I noticed until the August update and I am currentlty on september,

2.121.644.0 64-bit (September 2023). 

Has anyone else experienced this or know of ways to better troubleshoot this issue?

thank you for any assistance provided.

Keegan_Patton_0-1695160271630.png

Keegan_Patton_1-1695160284662.png

4 REPLIES 4
foodd
Super User
Super User

What is your question? What have you tried and where are you stuck?  Please be more specific, and add additional details.

My question is twofold.

Has anyone else noticed issues with the accessibility of ribbon access keys?

And are there any troubleshooting methods I am not aware of to resolve this?

I have tried disabling TeamViewer, I have also updated to the latest PBI verison.

I am stuck in the second screenshot I provided. Say I initiate the ribbon access keys by pressing ALT. The first level of keys appear that you can naviagate the upper options of the ribbon with ( Home, Insert, etc ). These can be selected no problem, so when I click 'H' to travel to the Home options in the ribbon, I am unable to select any of those options, 'DG' for get data, etc.

Hi @Keegan_Patton,  I need you to test something for me.    

Within Power BI Desktop visit Options and Settings> Options > Preview Features, and

Uncheck On-Object interaction.  Restart Power BI Desktop, and see if the

ALT Keys are working again.  I see no mention of this as a Bug or open issue

at this time.

foodd_0-1695419476478.png

Hello @foodd , thank you for your response and continued help here. Below are the preview features I have currently active. On-Object Interaction is not currently selected in my Desktop.
Keegan_Patton_0-1695737882972.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.