Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sadde2000

Returning a value (text) based on the highest number in calculated by a measure?

Hi! I am trying to develop a dashboard to be able to monitor the installation efficiency of our mechanics. I have one central table called FACT_Hours. This table contains all the registered hours each day by the mechanics, with the related information about project nr, type of hours (productive or non produtive) and much more.

Currently, I have created a table with some measures that give me the calculated efficiency of each project, based on different criteria’s on what hours that are included in the calculations (eg. overtime, travel). I want to identify the mechanic that has booked the most hours on each project, and present him in the same table as the projects. This will then be the Lead mechanic for that specific project. I do not know how to approach this, since I have still limited understanding of the more advanced formulas in DAX.

PowerBI_1.PNG

Above, the project selected had three mechanics and the split of the hours bwtween them is calculated with the same measure. I want to be able to have the mechanic with the highest amount of hours registered to each project, presented in the table on the right.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sadde2000,

Can you share the pbix file? You can delete the private part and then upload it to a cloud drive like OneDrive. Send me the download link or paste it here if you can. We can't write down a DAX formula without data and its structure.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-jiascu-msft,

I would love to share the original pbix file with you, but I would actually breach my company IT policies by doind so (an american company with extream strict policies!).

I will produce a "dummy" pbix file, with the same structure/data model as my original one but with "fake" data, and share this with you. Will that work for you?

Thanks!

Hello again @v-jiascu-msft,

Here comes a link to a dummy project (+source files) with the similar (but very simplified) data structure and model.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/98d656xx47ap7uh/AAAR3U9nMlHYLZ9lv3ZSA3Gca?dl=0

For clarification, I want to be able to display the Mechanic that has logged most hours to the current project  on right table where the efficicncy is calculated.

Thanks in advance!

BR

S.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.