Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Return value based on selected country and its corresponding currency

Hi All, 

I need the formula that would return sales in local currency based on the country slicer. For e.g, if i select sweden in the slicer, it should return me sales in swedish kroner only. I have attached the data set for further clarification. 

Thanks so much for your help in advance!!!! 

datadata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ekx,

It seems that you want to achieve below result, when you select country SWEDEN, it will show sek currency and sale in table, right? If so, you could create another table (cur)like below, and create relationship between tables , use new table(cur)'s country in Slicer, you will get below result

306.PNG307.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ekx,

It seems that you want to achieve below result, when you select country SWEDEN, it will show sek currency and sale in table, right? If so, you could create another table (cur)like below, and create relationship between tables , use new table(cur)'s country in Slicer, you will get below result

306.PNG307.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

wow thanks for you help!!!

Im just curious , is it possible to do it with a formula?

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ekx,

You could use measure to achieve this. You still need to create a table just have country column(like above suggestions, but this table only have country column), and don't need to create  relationship between two table, then you could create a measure like below, use new table's country in slicer

Measure 9 = SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE('cur'[Country]), "A",CALCULATE(SUM('currency'[amount]), FILTER(('currency'),('currency'[currency])="a")),"B",CALCULATE(SUM('currency'[amount]), FILTER('currency',('currency'[currency])="b")),"C",CALCULATE(SUM('currency'[amount]), FILTER('currency',('currency'[currency])="c")))

308.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

AMAZING!! thanks so much for your help!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.