Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MrFugbaum
Frequent Visitor

Return next transaction_id based on begin date

Hello there,

I have a matrix in Power BI that looks like this (except the yellow column):

Screenshot 2023-11-24 141447.png

I want to return the next transaction_id based on the begin_date_time. The yellow column is demonstrating the expected result of the measure. So the transaction with let's say ID 9 started at 8:13 AM. The next transaction in chronological order started at 8:20 AM, so ID 18.

Transactions are generated in a store and at a counter (second and third column). The matrix is filtered by three slicer: the store_id, the counter_id and the begin_date.

My current measure looks like this. I first tried to filter my transaction table to all transaction after the current one and count the rows of this table. Unfortunetally I fail trying even this:

next transaction_id = 
var _begin =  SELECTEDVALUE( 'transaction'[begin_date_time] )
var _result = CALCULATE( COUNTROWS( 'transaction' ), ALLSELECTED( 'transaction' ), 'Timetable'[Time] > _begin ) 
return _begin 

I am thankfull for every advice!

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MrFugbaum , Try a measure like

New meausre =
var _next = minx(filter(allselected(Table), Table[store_id] = max(Table[Store_id]) && Table[begin_date_time] > max(Table[begin_date_time])),[begin_date_time])
return
minx(filter(allselected(Table), Table[store_id] = max(Table[Store_id]) && Table[begin_date_time] = _next),[transaction_id ])

If you need a new column you can use it earlier in place max and remove allselected on the table

Earlier, I should have known Earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN8AO3_vmlY&t=17820s

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MrFugbaum , Try a measure like

New meausre =
var _next = minx(filter(allselected(Table), Table[store_id] = max(Table[Store_id]) && Table[begin_date_time] > max(Table[begin_date_time])),[begin_date_time])
return
minx(filter(allselected(Table), Table[store_id] = max(Table[Store_id]) && Table[begin_date_time] = _next),[transaction_id ])

If you need a new column you can use it earlier in place max and remove allselected on the table

Earlier, I should have known Earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN8AO3_vmlY&t=17820s

Works fine for me. Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.