Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ThomasVanhelden
Frequent Visitor

Reset Drill Through Page After Back Button

Hello,

How do I reset the drill-through page after pressing the back button to leave it again?

Let's say I have a report with two pages: A and B. On page A, I can drill through to page B, which shows me page B with filter X (based on what I drilled through upon). If I now click the back button on page B, it takes me back to page A. 

The problem now is that when I click on page B, it still has filter X applied. I want it to be page B without any filter. 

How can I make it so that the back button, from page B to page A after drill down, also removes the drill through filter on page B? 

The only solution I can come up with is to create two versions of page B: one hidden for drilling down and one visible for applying manual filters.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

5 REPLIES 5
steve-grier
Regular Visitor

Old Thread, but...   Had the same issue.  I ended up with 3 pages where 2 are duplicates.  Not the ideal solution, but it works for my user base.  Steps below using your page A and B example:

1. Create a new page "C", as a duplicate of page "B"
  2. Hide page "C"
  3. Add the drillthrough field to page "C"
  4. Add a 'Back' button to page "C" if it wasn't added automatically

The bad part is anytime you modify page "B", you need delete page "C" and follow the steps again.

Hope this helps others that end up here...

The Microsoft Power BI community is the worst support community I've ever encountered. The answers section is riddled with unrelated links and answers. People answer without reading or understanding your questions in the hopes of receiving an upvote or acceptance without putting in any effort. Also, many questions are still unanswered after a very long time. 

I'm disappointed in this tool and community.

Hi @ThomasVanhelden ,

Power BI is just 7 years old and still updated every month. It's a visualization tool with great potential. Even if you have a bad experience in the forum this time, you can still trust Power BI.

Power BI Community is an open platform for all Power BI users to discuss together. But users' level of technology is different. If you can't get solutions from users, you could ask help for Community Support Team. We will try our best to support you.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @ThomasVanhelden,

Currently, the 'drill through' feature did not include reset features on the 'back' button to remove the filters so 'drill through' feature may not able to achieve your requirement. ('back' button with the reset feature, button bind multiple actions at the same time)

AFAIK, the ‘bookmark’ feature is able to achieve reset filter requirements. You can save the current report page filter effects to a bookmark and bind it to a button to quickly reset or restore the page content back to the saved version.

For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you submit an idea to the 'idea forum' for improving the 'drill through' feature, 'button', and power bi desktop usages.
>>Also, many questions are still unanswered after a very long time. 

In fact, they should be related to power bi community user activeness. It is one of the popular communities so there are hundreds of threads created and discussed daily.  For this situation, we may not handle or respond to all the threads(both latest and inactive old threads) in time.

If your threads are 'no respond' for a long time, you can mention(@username) to the community users and CST members to notify us that you are back to the threads and need further support.

For some urgent questions, you can also consider opening a support ticket(it is free for pro and above license) or escalating to high-priority channels (e.g. Email, phone...) to get better and timely support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Power BI Header Change

Power BI Header Update

Read about the exciting updates for the Power BI forum.