Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

chiriazu
Frequent Visitor

Report page Tooltip for only one column in table/Matrix visual

Hi,

How can we have Report page tooltip for only one column in table/matrix visual. and when i hover over to other columns then the tooltip should not show.

For example:

Category  One   two three  four
     A   10    12   13   30
     B   22    34   43   21

Here in separate page i have created tooltip page, and now i have enabled tooltip to the above table.

when i hover over on three, then the tooltip should show the values which is in the tooltip page, and if i hover over on One,two, four then the tooltip should not show.

How can we achive this scenario?

Please give your suggestions/solution on this.

3 REPLIES 3
Ares-AR
Regular Visitor

Hi @chiriazu, you can try this, assuming your tooltip is ready:

1. When enabling the tooltip for the table, go to Tooltips -- Options --- Type: Report Page ---- Page: Auto

Now the tooltip should only be appearing when you hove over in the relevant column (3)

2. When hoving over in the other columns, another tooltip (a black one, which general information about that data point) is appearing. To get rid of this: Tooltips ---- Background ----- Set Transparency to 100% 

Now the "normal" tooltip should not be visible 

As a result you should have a table that only shows the tooltip you created when hoving over the column 3 

I hope this works

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@chiriazu , What I am getting, you do want to pass on a filter to the tooltip page. Refer my example

Power BI Tooltip Page: How to pass selective values to the tooltip page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEq7YtkxeLU

Uncheck , Keep all filter and add filter below what you want to pass

Either you don't understand question or you want to just increase you view counts. This is not what question meant. It wants us to show tooltip when you hover over specific column of row but not show any tooltip if you hover over other column of table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.