Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoePBI11
Regular Visitor

Report builder Export Pdf does not recognise Khmer

Report builder Export Pdf does not recognise Khmer.

When exporting to Pdf, the Khmer script is replaced with boxes.

Link to Pdf 

Thanks

Joe

5 REPLIES 5
JoePBI11
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-cgao-msft 

that has already been done but the pdf still fails.  as mentioned before, it works from the desktop but not from the web (chrome or edge).  I would guess that is is to do with the built in export to pdf but not sure.

Is it possible to test from the service and see if it works for you

JoePBI11_0-1651816388481.png

JoePBI11_1-1651816406311.png

JoePBI11_2-1651816418479.png

JoePBI11_3-1651816461831.png

here is a test file with just one text box 

link to rdl 

Hi @JoePBI11 ,

After testing, I encountered the same problem. To exclude the influence of the browser, I subscribed to this report, but the PDF attachment in the email still shows box.

I suggest you raise the ticket here.

Support | Microsoft Power BI

If you have never used it before you can refer to this blog for the steps.

How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

If the problem is solved, welcome to share the solution. You can mark this solution so that others can find this thread faster, Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JoePBI11 ,

The client is missing fonts, please install fonts.

If Unicode Glyphs are missing on the server, you may see characters replaced with a question mark (?). If a font is missing on the client, you may see characters replaced with boxes (□).

Export a paginated report to a PDF File (Report Builder)

Best Regards,

Gao
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems with it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Hi @v-cgao-msft 

Where would I store fonts for this?  They are already on my computer (which I assume is why it works on the desktop pbi report builder) but not when exporting from service.  Also when I switch to Page View the same thing happens

Any help would be appreciated

Hi @JoePBI11 ,

To add font packages manually, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Apps & features > Optional features.

vcgaomsft_0-1651815208230.png

Add a feathre. 

vcgaomsft_1-1651815289165.png

vcgaomsft_2-1651815380221.png

Maybe because of the firewall, I failed the installation here, can you go on to the next test export as PDF and let me know the results? Thanks in advance!

You can refer to this document. hope this helps.

Font List Windows 10 - Typography | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Gao
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems with it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.