Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Builder does not repeat column headers on subsequent pages

I designed a simple report in Report Builder.

RNobleman_3-1621965520932.png

Now I need to repeat the column headers on all pages. I checked this Tablix property:

RNobleman_0-1621964908474.png

I also set the RepeatColumnHeaders property to True:

RNobleman_1-1621965021277.png

The report, however, is not repeating the column headers. I've exported it to both Word or Excel and the column headers are not repeated. Is there something else I need to do in the design of the report to make this work?

I downloaded the Report Builder program last week, so I'm using the latest version:

RNobleman_2-1621965185794.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@parry2k I take everything back,. @Anonymous The setting of KeepWithGroup = after and RepeatOnNewPage = true needs to be done on the static members in the ROW GROUPS pane. Here is an explanation with screenshots.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
KPI91
Regular Visitor

youtube.com/watch?v=KTkKxpOu23Q The solution is very well explained in this video. 

This is the winner!! 😍

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried this again by creating a very simple table manually and entering the data. It has only two columns:

RNobleman_0-1622135634794.png

Even on this very simple table, the "Repeat Header Columns on Each Page" setting has no effect when either checked or unchecked. 

Has anyone been able to repeat column headers on multiple pages, or is this a bug? 

Thanks,

Rick

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that the section of the page suggested by @parry2k  says that the KeepWithGroup and RepeatOnNewPage settings are for column heading groups. I don't have those in my table, so I removed them and the error above went away. However, I'm still not able to get the column headings to repeat on my simple table. Maybe it's a bug in the latest release. Has anyone gotten this to work recently? 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I had this going for myself when I started using Paginated reports a few years ago, not sure why it shouldn't work for you. Try to turn that option off. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous this is the solution, following the steps at this link Show Row & Column Headers on Multiple Pages (Report Builder) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Docs

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I selected KeepWithGroup = After and RepeatOnNewPage = True for all the columns as the link suggests. But now I get this error:

RNobleman_0-1621966976075.png

When I set KeepToGroup = None, I got an error stating that I should set the RepeatOnNewPage to False:

RNobleman_1-1621967161661.png

@Anonymous I have the exact same situation here as you. 

@parry2k I do believe that this is a bug.

@parry2k I take everything back,. @Anonymous The setting of KeepWithGroup = after and RepeatOnNewPage = true needs to be done on the static members in the ROW GROUPS pane. Here is an explanation with screenshots.

Hi,

The solution is great and applied for a Table, but its likely it does not work for a Matrix?

You need to pick the Row groups (on the left), not the Column groups (on the right), even though you start by clicking the dropdown in Columns. works with matrix tables

Thanks for the solution, it work for me too!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MSJR65 That worked! Thanks so much for the reply. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.