Hi - apologies if I'm missing something really obvious here, but I'm struggling to replicate a Vlookup in Power BI.
I have a table with 3 columns, the first is a consecutive ID value for each row, the second is a text string, and the third is another set of IDs which reference the first column. I need to add another column which shows the text string from the second column, where the IDs in the first and third columns match. This is a simple Vlookup in Excel...
This table uses data from a Sharepoint Task app. The third column uses IDs to reference task hierarchy within a list, e.g. a task begins with one entry and then multiple sub-tasks, each referencing the first task. The data from Sharepoint only provides IDs, whereas I need to use the text strings (task names) in my report.
Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have a similar situation within a table that has a lot of columns and data also coming from other tables in a pretty complex model.
When I add that Merge step, followed by an Expand step, it causes my refresh to get hung and my report will no longer update.
I tried creating a simplified copy of the table to Merge and Expand from, but I am still running into the same issue.
Check out the November 2023 Power BI update to learn about new features.
Read the latest Fabric Community announcements, including updates on Power BI, Synapse, Data Factory and Data Activator.
Join us for a free, hands-on Microsoft workshop led by women trainers for women where you will learn how to build a Dashboard in a Day!
130+ sessions, 130+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI and Fabric. Attend online or watch the recordings.