Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

EBGAL
Helper III
Helper III

Replace structured values with nulls in Power Query

Hi, community,

When I load data from a SharePoint list, it often happens that column values are partly structured like below:

EBGAL_0-1620944145622.png

Structured value Table, in this case, means null value. 

When I convert such a column to text type, it throws an error for structured value rows. For sure, I can later delete/convert errors to nulls but thought if there was any way of converting Table structured values to nulls straight away.

Thanks

Evan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EBGAL 

Structured value Table is a dynamically expanding table, not the same like values in columns.

Unless you change the Structured value Table to error, you couldn't find replace value function like normal values when you right click on column header.

Normal value:

2.png

Structured value Table:

1.png

So please transfor Structured value Table to error and you can use replace error to get null.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EBGAL 

Structured value Table is a dynamically expanding table, not the same like values in columns.

Unless you change the Structured value Table to error, you couldn't find replace value function like normal values when you right click on column header.

Normal value:

2.png

Structured value Table:

1.png

So please transfor Structured value Table to error and you can use replace error to get null.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.