Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MasterP
Helper I
Helper I

Replace a broken field in a visual

I used the Tabular Editor tool to change the names of many of my measures. Unfortunately I must have done something wrong. The names were successfully changed, and the references to those measures were updated in other formulas. However, references to those fields in visuals were somehow invalidated. (As an aside, this is very possibly user error, and i'd love to be informed how I could have managed this better).

So now I've got a bunch of field references in visuals that are broken, with a good bit of formatting already present on the broken fields.

I know I can simply redrag the fields over to the visual to recreate them. However, then I need to reset all the formatting, which is quite a cumbersome procedure. Does anyone know how to replace an invalidated field reference in a visual, while preserving the formatting on the existing invalidated field?

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MasterP ,

As far as i know there's no such feature.

You may submit this idea through below link.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ 

Best Regards,

jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You could try to duplicate your visual (copy/paste), make the changes, and then use the Format Painter to copy formatting from the initial to the new.  That may still be field specific but an easy thing to try.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.