Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MariusT
Helper II
Helper II

Removed measure table still visible when using personalization

I am creating reports that are live connected to datasets. In these datasets, we create tables that we call for example "Measure table Report". Different datasets may have different names on these tables. Recently I switched the source of my report from one dataset to another. Then, a some time later, when I was changing the content in a visualization using the personalization feature, I discovered a measure-table that does not exist in my PBIX file, or in the dataset that is used as source. I recognized the name of the table, as it was the table from the dataset I switched away from. There were error symbols in front of all the names.

Now, the question is, how can I remove that table, since it is not, at least visible, in my PBIX file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MariusT ,

Maybe you can provide some details or screenshots about this error (without sensitive information)?

Please try in the model designer side, you can delete tables in your model workspace database that you no longer need. Deleting a table does not affect the original source data, only the data that you imported and were working with. 

Or you can delete the data source from the old PowerBI Desktop file by going to Query Editor > Open Data Source Settings > Select the source you want to delete > Select "Change Source". Delete the previous data source Reconnect to Power BI Desktop and republish to Power BI Service.

Please check this  to see if it helps.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MariusT ,

Maybe you can provide some details or screenshots about this error (without sensitive information)?

Please try in the model designer side, you can delete tables in your model workspace database that you no longer need. Deleting a table does not affect the original source data, only the data that you imported and were working with. 

Or you can delete the data source from the old PowerBI Desktop file by going to Query Editor > Open Data Source Settings > Select the source you want to delete > Select "Change Source". Delete the previous data source Reconnect to Power BI Desktop and republish to Power BI Service.

Please check this  to see if it helps.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.