Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yhuang1
Frequent Visitor

Remove all the automatically generated relation

Hi there,

I have many data loaded, and the desktop automatically generate the relationship between them. I guess it is too late to change the setting so that when you load new data it will not auto generate the relationship since they are already in the model. I can click the link and 'delete' it one by one, which is time consuming. I searched and found an MS article mentioned that one should be able to press control key and click the link to select multiple links, then delete them altogether, but I tried and it didn't work. Any idea?

yhuang1_0-1680189533490.png

2 REPLIES 2
pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @yhuang1 

You can manage how Power BI treats and automatically adjusts relationships in your reports and models. To specify how Power BI handles relationships options, select File > Options and settings > Options from Power BI Desktop, and then select Data Load in the left pane. The options for Relationships appear.

pranit828_1-1680190241964.png

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Thanks, but as I mentioned, data has been loaded already, changing the setting is too late. It only applys to newly loaded data. I tried to uncheck the "Autodetect new relationships after data is loaded", and all the links already built are still there. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.