Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CliffordAP
Helper II
Helper II

Remove Comma from Card visual when format options are not available

Hello all,

I have been given a report to make some slight changes. I want to have a selected year appear on a card with a measure.
Unfortunately the year appears with a comma; 2,020 instead of 2020.
I have looked up posts about how to get rid of the comma with some settings, but for some reason my case does not have those settings available. What ever will I do?!

CliffordAP_1-1597929475846.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CliffordAP ,

Make sure you are selecting the measure on the Fields pane. Even though you are using Live Connection mode you should be able to format the measure.

Otherwise you could use Format([measure],"") to format the value to text and check if the result is correct.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@CliffordAP - You could try using the FORMAT command. (DAX). What data type is that value? Also for the formatting items to be available in the ribbon, you need to have the column or measure selected. Finally, for display purposes, you can use the technique shown in Chelsie Eiden's Duration https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Chelsie-Eiden-s-Duration/m-p/793639#M389

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CliffordAP , click on the measure or column in the field session. And this will enable.

At visual level go format of visual under data label you should have format option, use not format (On right under the visual selection)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.