Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nateharwood
Frequent Visitor

Relative start date on slicer

Hi there,

When our clients load our dashboard, they'd like to initially see data from the last 3 months. However, they still need the flexibility to extend this date range as and when needed. Is there a way to make the start date relative on the 'Between' date slicer, whilst still enabling clients to select a date before this period if need be?

Appreciate that I could simply offer clients a relative date slicer, but it's less flexible so I'd prefer not to.

This is the 'between' slicer I'm referring to:

nateharwood_0-1656689745499.png

Many thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES 3
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @nateharwood ,

Can you give a simple example and the desired output? At present, there may be no direct slicer to meet your expectations, but with the addition of DAX, you can flexibly fulfill your expectations.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

nateharwood
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @Migasuke - hopefully they'll expand this functionality in the future, but you're solution will help in the meantime 🙂

Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Hi @nateharwood ,

As far as I know this is still not possible.
There is some workaround solution but it is not perfect.

1. You can can create Column in your calendar, where you automaticaly creates values "Last 3 Months" and "Other".
2. You can apply page level filter, where you prefilter on "Last 3 Months". (This will ensure, that users will always see only fragment of dates)
3. In case users want to see more than Last 3 Months, they can dissable page level filter either in filter pane or with button (which can be placed close to the date slicer)

There is one more option, which is related to Slicer used as list, but that probably doesnt apply to your case. FYI, this would be the result:

Migasuke_0-1656691118520.png

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.