Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fletch8527

Relative Date 'Before' X Days Ago

I'm very new to Power BI, so please be kind. I searched the board first but didnt find a similar post. Im playing around with a very basic report that gets data from our Active Directory. One column is a date the other is the user's display name. Is there a way to use the Relative Date filter/slicer to show only records that are older than X number of days from today? I can get a list of records from the last X days, but I am more concerned with records that older than lets say 30 days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You can often solve this kind of issue by creating a calculated column that looks something like:

Column = INT(TODAY()-[Date])

This will give you the number of days from Today at the time of data refresh. You could then use this in a numeric slicer or better yet in a filter with a greater than 30

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tlovemark
Employee
Employee

There really should be a relative date slicer option for this.

I'm using a dataset which imports records from Jira in the PowerBI online workspace; because of this I'm not sure if/how I can make a custom or calculated column in the dataset.

We really need an option for date filtering to include/exclude data if it was before/after a relative date from the given value.  To work without one natively is quite limiting and frankly feels like an oversight.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You can often solve this kind of issue by creating a calculated column that looks something like:

Column = INT(TODAY()-[Date])

This will give you the number of days from Today at the time of data refresh. You could then use this in a numeric slicer or better yet in a filter with a greater than 30

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.