Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

bansag2
Regular Visitor

Relationships in Q&A not working

I am using Q&A visual and it seems like relationship can't be created. It has been greyed out. Is this a bug?

bansag2_0-1720621088956.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @bansag2 - you have to add table in Q&A then only we can add new relationship  it is an inbuilt feature. 

snapshot FYR.

rajendraongole1_0-1720641688739.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bansag2
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I checked my model and tables. It's a star schema and all the column names make sense. I have not included few tables in Q&A, but when I include them I can add new relationship. Not sure what's the reason behind this.

Hi @bansag2 - you have to add table in Q&A then only we can add new relationship  it is an inbuilt feature. 

snapshot FYR.

rajendraongole1_0-1720641688739.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

rajendraongole1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bansag2 - Might be in your Data Model missing with relationships in such scenerios Q&A requires a properly defined data model with relationships between tables. If your report lacks a well-structured data model, the Q&A feature may not work.

Power BI Q&A relies on the names of tables and columns to understand user queries. check your table and column names are clear and intuitive Avoid using special characters or abbreviations that might confuse the Q&A engine.Use synonyms if needed to help Q&A understand different ways users might refer to the same data.

check your data model and also below feature is turn on on your properties or not.

check in below option is turn on or not, if it is turn off, enable  and restart your power bi desktop file.

rajendraongole1_0-1720640415511.png

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.