Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relationship woes

Hi Folks,

I have an active employee table with a whole bunch of fields and then a performance rating table. The performance rating table has two columns: employee ID and performance rating. 

I created a relationship with active and performance rating table via employee ID. However, it is making me do it as a One to One with a direction of BOTH. I just want single because I want to drag the rating into a table visual to get the rating as a reportable column.

However, it won't let me do a single direction unless it is many to one. Why is this happening? I don't appear to have duplicates. Additionally, if I leave it as many to one, it seems to be summing totals and my dad is looking like this:

Capture_Rating.PNG

One thing to note is that the performance rating table does not have a value for all employees so their employee ID won't be in the rating table.

Is there another way I could do this using lookupvalue? I tried but doesn't seem to be working. 

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I just want single because I want to drag the rating into a table visual to get the rating as a reportable column.

What do you mean about getting the rating as a reportable column? Could you be more precisely with it by post some/mock sample data and the expected result against the data, so that we can better assist on this issue? It's even better that you can also share a sample pbix file(with just some mock data). You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploadingSmiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.