Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leroy773
Helper II
Helper II

Relationship from data set to date table works for one date and not another in with my measure

All,

See other articles that relate to this issue, and attempted but still unable to display data based on date relationship.

I currently have a date table, the datekey is set to date/time.

I have a data set with two dates in it. 

One date is set to date and when I link this column to the date table my chart displays data, but bins it in the wrong qtr.  I attempted to link the correct date, which is in the format date/time.  When I do this my measure calculation does not display any data on my chart.  If I remove the date period, the data is displayed just in a blank column.  How can i ensure these date fields are linked correctly to show data.

Capture1.PNG

The date installed field is a date and it works with date time field of the date key, but the Opened date does not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
leroy773
Helper II
Helper II

Even though my data type was correct, I noticed the data key also had hours.  They were all 12:00 am.  Since ny data set had different times, I believe that was the root cause since they did not match my calendar date table.  After removing time from the date field in the query it worked.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
leroy773
Helper II
Helper II

Even though my data type was correct, I noticed the data key also had hours.  They were all 12:00 am.  Since ny data set had different times, I believe that was the root cause since they did not match my calendar date table.  After removing time from the date field in the query it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.