Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lcasey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Relating 3 fields to a single table

Hello,

I have 3 fields in my table called BSAContracts that contain a user ID.  I am trying to display the UserName so I have another table called User Information List that contains the user ID and name.  I had to replicate it 2 times which significantly increases my .pbix size.

Is there any way I can return the Names from the User Information List table without duplicating that table two other times?

01.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lcasey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I deleted all releationships to the User Information table and performed a lookup and that worked:

Contract Signer = LOOKUPVALUE('User Information List'[EMail], 'User Information List'[Id],BSAContracts[ResponsibleId])

This looks up the User ID in the people Picker field of SharePoint and returns the email address for all matching ResponsableID's.

I created 3 additional columns in the table that performs this lookup.

No more duplicated tables needed:

01.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lcasey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I deleted all releationships to the User Information table and performed a lookup and that worked:

Contract Signer = LOOKUPVALUE('User Information List'[EMail], 'User Information List'[Id],BSAContracts[ResponsibleId])

This looks up the User ID in the people Picker field of SharePoint and returns the email address for all matching ResponsableID's.

I created 3 additional columns in the table that performs this lookup.

No more duplicated tables needed:

01.jpg

Hi @lcasey,

Great to hear the problem got resolved! Could you accept your reply as solution to help others who has similar issue easily find the answer and close this thread?Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.