Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anand2

Regarding Title removal in the Process filter in Power Bi

I have the slicer visual, Visualized in the power bi and provided the Process data for the slicer and it is shown as the dropdown, so now I have 5 to six option in that and I inculded a select all option for that, So I have 6 different options in that slicer and All is also one process in that so now , If I donot select any option it is showing All at starting, It should not show like that, How to remove that.Screenshot (233).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anand2

With reference to the information provided by you, the following is the case description: You need to show nothing in the table when nothing is selected in the slicer.
Here is my test, first you need to add a select all to your source table data as shown below.

1.png

According to my test results, if you add select all in the position as shown in the picture, when you select select all, there will be no data displayed in the table.

2.png

Secondly, you can create a calculated table as follows.

slicer table = VALUES('Table'[status])

3.png

And you can create a measure as follows.

Measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('slicer table'[status]) = BLANK(), 0, IF(SELECTEDVALUE('slicer table'[status]) = SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[status]), 1, IF(SELECTEDVALUE('slicer table'[status]) == "select all", 1, 0)))

Then put the measure into the filter so that the visual only shows data where the measure is equal to 1.

4.png

5.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team_Yuliax

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anand2

With reference to the information provided by you, the following is the case description: You need to show nothing in the table when nothing is selected in the slicer.
Here is my test, first you need to add a select all to your source table data as shown below.

1.png

According to my test results, if you add select all in the position as shown in the picture, when you select select all, there will be no data displayed in the table.

2.png

Secondly, you can create a calculated table as follows.

slicer table = VALUES('Table'[status])

3.png

And you can create a measure as follows.

Measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('slicer table'[status]) = BLANK(), 0, IF(SELECTEDVALUE('slicer table'[status]) = SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[status]), 1, IF(SELECTEDVALUE('slicer table'[status]) == "select all", 1, 0)))

Then put the measure into the filter so that the visual only shows data where the measure is equal to 1.

4.png

5.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team_Yuliax

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your response @v-xuxinyi-msft , But I couldnt see any picture attached in your message and I tried selecting all but it was showing ALL only in the Header. 

My reply has been updated, please check it out.

Anand2

Hi @PijushRoy  

In the Screenshot which i attached above, The option present in the dropdown from ALL to supply master data management are all the Processes which i can distinctly select and select all is the option to select all the below processes, Now in the screenshot which I have provided there is no option selected but it is showing ALL at the down of Title, I know it will defaultly show, But As there is an process called ALL in my list, It is confusing, So Is there is any way to remove that and show Select an process something like that and then when user selects any process, It can show that name at that place...

Hi @Anand2 

When you save the PBIX file, please click on Select All option and save the report.
So when users open the file, they can see Select All instead of All

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anand2 

What do you want to show? I am not clear.
Do you want to change the Dropdown option order, if yes, what is the order you are looking for.
Please share screenshot

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.