Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh times : Last Refresh date and Next refresh date of reports in Power BI service

Hi Community,

Recently one of our customer asked us if we can create a report for them with all report names , Last refresh date/time  and next refresh date time of all reports that belongs to them( we created almost 15 different reports for one team) .

Is it possible to get details like Last refresh date , Next refresh date , How many times a report refreshes in a day  and put these data into a Power BI report ? Kindly suggest .

Thanks in Advance 

G Venkatesh 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-jingzhang  Thanks for your suggestions . 

I am looking at both of your ideas and trying to implement one of them. However, for accessing Premium metrics app also, we will have to be an Admin to Capacity and Admin team is not ready to provision any access to report developers . 

Log Analytics is some thing which i would like to try and get back to you if I need any additional help. 

Thanks,

G Venkatesh 

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I have some other ideas. You can use Power BI REST APIs Datasets - Get Refresh History In Group and Datasets - Get Refresh Schedule In Group to get the refresh history and refresh schedule settings. Then extract the data you want and transform it into the format you like for creating the report. 

Another option is to get data from Audit log. You can search audit log for Power BI activities. The related activities are Set scheduled refresh on Power BI dataset and Requested Power BI dataset refresh. You can download these data into a CSV file. Then connect to this CSV file in Power BI Desktop and transform the data using Power Query. 

072803.jpg

I think getting data from Audit log may be easier if you don't have much experience in REST APIs. The data is very detailed, so you need to do some transformations and calculations to get the last refresh and next refresh date as well as refresh times in a day. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , id the customer is on power bi premium? You can following metrics available

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-premium-monitor-capacity

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Yes the user is on Premium capacity too.  However, when i am trying to access Premium capacity metrics app, I am reciving the below error. 

Thats probably because I am only the admin of workspaces, but not a tenant admin.  Please suggest !

Capture.JPG

Hi @Anonymous 

Click Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics app to go to the template app or search it on the AppSource page. See Connect to Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics 

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.