Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

adityak

Refresh of Power BI embedded reports (Manual uploads)

Hi Team,

We are planning to upload PBIX files to Azure app (Power BI embedded). Can you please help me with answers for two questions below:

1. Is it possible to automate the refresh of PBIX files uploaded to Azure app or do we have to manually upoad the files whenever we need to refresh the data?

2. If we have to manually upload every time to Azure app for data refresh, is any down time expected? What are the possible options to avoid down time?

Regards

Aditya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @adityak,

If your report is connecting directly to the data source using DirectQuery, it would be always up to date, and no need to refresh. 

If your report connects to the underlying data using Import, you may need to re-upload the pbix files manually currently. And I don't  think there is any down time expected for now. However, the idea for improving this is already shared on Power BI Ideas, and is in Planned now. You can vote it up and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @adityak,

If your report is connecting directly to the data source using DirectQuery, it would be always up to date, and no need to refresh. 

If your report connects to the underlying data using Import, you may need to re-upload the pbix files manually currently. And I don't  think there is any down time expected for now. However, the idea for improving this is already shared on Power BI Ideas, and is in Planned now. You can vote it up and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.