Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nav

Refresh issue in Power BI dashboard

Hi, Following error occurred while refreshing data in dashboard. My windows machine is 64 bit, office is 32 bit, access is 32 bit and Power BI desktop is also 32 bit. Connecting to access and pulling data from it works without any issues in Power BI Desktop.

Underlying error code:	-2147467259
Underlying error message:	Microsoft Access: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read 'PowerBI.accdb'. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:	-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:	DataSource.NotFound
Cluster URI:	WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:	47b727a7-cbc0-f4ab-b349-cfef2e79b2ad
Request ID:	d202e238-f82c-765c-f8a5-963863458482
Time:	2017-08-22 23:04:52Z

Should I re-install Power BI Desktop and Access to 64 bit and try the refresh?

or do we have better approach to handle the issue. Please suggest. Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are you refreshing your dashboard through? Is it an on-premise data gateway?  Does the machine that is running the gateway have the 64-Bit drivers installed?

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, it is On-premises data gateway(personal mode).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that machine have the drivers installed for 64 Bit MS Access?

Nope, the drivers are not installed/available in machine. Should i install 32 bit(AccessRuntime_x86_en-us.exe) or 64 bit(AccessRuntime_x64_en-us.exe). Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the error message, 64Bit is required.

I'm unable to install 64 bit, in my machine due to following setup error. So, i had installed 32 bit and still the data refresh doesn't work in dashboard.

image.png

Any other alternative, without uninstalling and installing of office products. Thanks!

I had the problem.

My System was 64 Bit and Microsoft office was 32 bit.  So, I requested my IT Team to change the Office from 32 to 64 Bit. Then, everything working fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.