Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Aman-K
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh dataset for Power BI report doesn't work

Hi All,

I have published my Power BI report and when I try to refresh the dataset then it gives an error message . Please see below the screenshots:

AmanK_0-1683816675167.pngAmanK_1-1683816713081.png

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12
Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Use Authenticaton method same as you used in power BI desktop. It might be basic or windows etc. If it is basic then enter credentials after selecting proper authentication method. 

In privacy level always choose organizational. 

Thanks @Kishore_KVN I have used the below Authentication method in my Power BI desktop. It's Bearer I think . How can I use the same method in the online portal as Bearer option is not showing there? 

AmanK_1-1684164574168.png

Hi All,

Can anyone please help with this query?

Many Thanks,

Aman

In Power BI desktop, I am using Authentication method as  "Anonymous" as below screenshot. 

AmanK_0-1684229238619.png

And In Power BI online portal , it's also Anonymous as below screenshot :

AmanK_1-1684229402395.png

The authenticaton method seems same for Power BI desktop and online portal but refresh dataset in Power BI desktop throws error message as below:

AmanK_2-1684229754116.png

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Yes you can install in office laptop. Once you open gateway connection window, install option will automatically popup there.

Thanks, I managed to install personal mode data gateway and when I click on Data source credentials and press sign in then getting below error:

AmanK_0-1683893895253.png

Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

You have to install gateway first. Check if personal mode gateway is available then please install it. Then data source credentials option will be available. 

Is it possible to install on office laptop? Can you share the link to install the gateway? 

Thanks so much 

Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Okay go to the settings of the dataset and select data source credentials option. There you can see a error symbol besides any particular datasource and fix it using edit credentials. Then the dataset will refresh without errors after fixing it. 

@Aman-K If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

@Kishore_KVN - Data source credentials option is greyed out at my end as below. How this can be fixed?

AmanK_0-1683822677672.png

Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @Aman-K  Can you please click on show details and share another screenshot to look at the error message better.

Hi @Kishore_KVN , Please see below another screenshot

AmanK_0-1683817577840.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.