Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Refresh Power BI in Power BI Service

Hi,

I would like to ask how to fix that I could refresh Power BI in Power BI Service. For now I can't setup schedule refresh, getting this message:

This dataset includes a dynamic data source. Since dynamic data sources aren't refreshed in the Power BI service, this dataset won't be refreshed. Learn more: https://aka.ms/dynamic-data-sources.
Data source for Query1

So how to resolve this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@lbendlin 

What is a dynamic part, is it function? For example, in my Power BI

(DSN ) =>

let

Lentele = "VIDP",
Source = Odbc.Query("dsn=" & DSN,"select [_].[ZU0_KOD],#(lf) [_].[DID_NR],#(lf) [_].[ADM_VAR],#(lf) [_].[DID_DAT],#(lf) [_].[Eil. skaicius]#(lf)from #(lf)(#(lf) select [rows].[ZU0_KOD] as [ZU0_KOD],#(lf) [rows].[DID_NR] as [DID_NR],#(lf) [rows].[ADM_VAR] as [ADM_VAR],#(lf) [rows].[DID_DAT] as [DID_DAT],#(lf) count(1) as [Eil. skaicius]#(lf) from #(lf) (#(lf) select [$Outer].[ZU0_KOD],#(lf) [$Outer].[DID_NR],#(lf) [$Outer].[ADM_VAR],#(lf) [$Outer].[DID_DAT]#(lf) from #(lf) (#(lf) select [_].[ID_VIDP] as [ID_VIDP2],#(lf) [_].[ZU0_KOD] as [ZU0_KOD],#(lf) [_].[DID_NR] as [DID_NR],#(lf) [_].[ADM_VAR] as [ADM_VAR],#(lf) [_].[DID_DAT] as [DID_DAT]#(lf) from [DBA].[VIDP] [_]#(lf) where [_].[DID_DAT] >= '" & sFilterDate & "'#(lf) ) [$Outer]#(lf) left outer join [DBA].[VIDP1] [$Inner] on ([$Outer].[ID_VIDP2] = [$Inner].[ID_VIDP])#(lf) ) [rows]#(lf) group by [ZU0_KOD],#(lf) [DID_NR],#(lf) [ADM_VAR],#(lf) [DID_DAT]#(lf)) [_]")
in
Source

v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Analitika ,

Power BI datasets that use dynamic data sources cannot be refreshed in the Power BI service. The only way to work around this is to use the RelativePath and Query options with the web.Contents M function. Queries that reference Power Query parameters can also be refreshed.

Please refer to the following link which will be helpful to you.

Solved: Refresh dynamic data source - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Show a sanitized version of the Power Query code that is causing the issue.  There are ways to mask the dynamic part of the query  to trick the Power BI service into accepting the refresh request.

Actually I don't see Query 1 in my Power BI.

Where does sFilterDate come from?

It looks like this:

Analitika_0-1665750302589.png

Actually I have many functions:

Analitika_1-1665750349027.png

Try to inline that.  Use the raw code in your query rather than the reference.  That way you may be able to avoid the partitioning.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.