Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jlhy
Regular Visitor

Real-time reporting with power BI

Hi all,

Suppose that I need to build power BI dashboard to capture real-time data from LS central.

I heard that the refresh rate is capped at 8/day for power BI pro user while power BI premium holds up to 48/day.

That being said, is there any way I can display my dashboard on a real-time basis? I have also checked out LS insights but primarily its all about creating Azure SQL and connecting with incremental load etc. End of day, am I able to achieve a real time using power BI tool on LS central.

I have checked out this community dynamics forum - (8) Real-time reporting with Power BI - Microsoft Business Applications Summit Gallery 2020 Communit...

which seems to meet my requirement but I am more concerned about whether from licensing perspective does it matter?

Can I create a BI report (to be displayed on both web and mobile) using BI pro license and at the same time do direct query to database without the traditional refresh of data warehouse.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jlhy , You should be able to run a Direct query in case of pro license. That will better suite for this purpose

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jlhy , You should be able to run a Direct query in case of pro license. That will better suite for this purpose

Thanks amit for the prompt response!

Does a direct query mean whenever a user opens PBI mobile, it attempts to fetch the data directly? Will it cause latency etc? Let's put context in the view of a retail environment where there could be up to 100 transactions per hour.

Would you happen to have any blog or link that I can take a look at setting it up for trial purpose?

Cheers thanks in advance!

@jlhy , First of all, we need to check if the direct query is supported on the source. What are your sources?

refer if needed

Direct Query - End to End (Connection to Publish): https://youtu.be/cf-YNWX8Qow

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the YT link, am going through it now.

Yes, my source is supported. It is LS Central (formerly known as LS NAV), microsoft ERP with LS retail add-on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.