Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Manne_DE
Frequent Visitor

Ranking with filters on selective columns

Hi,

I am lookings for a Dax Measure statement to Rank the follwing table :

Customer

Country

Year

Total Sales

The ranking should filter on country, but use the Total Sales over all years.

e.g. Customer 1 has a in Year 1 a Total Sales which would rank him at position 5, but over all years a position 1. The result of the Dax statement should return the ranking of 1. If it is been filtered by a particular country, the ranking will be for this country only, but again for all years.

Any idea of the correct RANKX statement for this ?

Thank You,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but I tried to create a sample pbix file like below.

Please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

I hope the below can provide some ideas on how to create a solution for your datamodel.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1673952789117.png

Jihwan_Kim_1-1673953126236.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

Great - yes, this was what I had been looking for - Thank You

Also great, that you did an example file - this helps greatly to understand the solution quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but I tried to create a sample pbix file like below.

Please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

I hope the below can provide some ideas on how to create a solution for your datamodel.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1673952789117.png

Jihwan_Kim_1-1673953126236.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Great - yes, this was what I had been looking for - Thank You

Also great, that you did an example file - this helps greatly to understand the solution quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.