Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

syasmin25
Helper V
Helper V

RLS path calculation

Hello, 

I am pretty new to RLS and have been trying to implement it in a certain way. 

syasmin25_0-1594884971967.png

My table above is a sample. I am trying to create RLS here based on the levels. Normally I can create 3 roles for 3 levels where, 
Level 1 is regular employees
Level 2 is supervisor of employees 
Level 3 is the manager/head of the building (based on the BuildingID)

I am trying to create RLS where the manager (Level 3) will be able to see the data for people below them by filtering through. For example when the manager of BuildingID='233' logs in, they can filter through the report to see people they are assigned to. 

syasmin25_1-1594885338957.png

It would be clickable in the filter pane. However, I am more used to on doing DAX calculations when the manager ID is on a different column and this seems to be a new scenario. I have tried a couple of methods and so far have not been successful. Any kind of help here would be much appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

Hello, 

Thank you for the links. I understand how its done on the links provided. However, I am having difficulty creating paths since I only have a column that states the level the person is on. I do not have a column that has the superior ID. How would I be calculating the pathways then? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.