Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanielCarvalho
Helper III
Helper III

RLS not working (relationship issues?)

I am creating a simple rls rule. I have multiple tables with multiple relationships. I am trying to use a column from table 1 where i it shows the countries. I also have a slicer in my dashboard based on this column so i can choose which country I want to see the data from the other tables, for this case lets say table 2 which is my main table.

The slicer is working fine but when I create a RLS rule where i filter the countries column and specify the country I want to see, when I view it , it does not show me any countries, regardless of the country I set in value. For example if I use a filter from table 2 in my rls for a different column it is working normally.

I believe this might be due to the relationships between my tables as I know the rest seems to be fine.

Table 1 is connected with a many to many cardinality and cross filtering both. I tried using a different cross filter and I have tried both with security applied and not applied so I am now a bit lost... 

Here is my structure:

DanielCarvalho_0-1683043297246.png

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Table 1 is connected with a many to many cardinality and cross filtering both

That will make RLS ineffective.  RLS must be applied to a table that can control the rest of the data model via single direction relationship (ideally 1:*)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.