Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RLS based on distribution list and security view

Implementing RLS for the following scenario: 

I'm currently limiting project data based on a security table that has userprinciplename and project #. I join this to project table and create a role so that users only see projects that have access to. Something like this for the role: [upn] = upper(USERPRINCIPALNAME()). It works just fine BUT I also have a table that pulls names from a distribution list. If you're on this list, you should see all projects. So I need to figure out how to implement RLS to say that if you're in this distrubution list table, you see all projects. But if not, proceed with how I did it before where  [upn] = upper(USERPRINCIPALNAME()). Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marcel. Thanks for your feedback. I did get this to work but had to add a little more DAX code than just true/false but the true/false was incorporated into my solution so thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
marcelsmaglhaes
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous !

I think you can do something like this: Solved: RLS issue: how to enable some users to see all row... - Microsoft Power BI Community

If this post helps, please mark as solved. 

Kind Regards
Marcel

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães
Microsoft Power BI Official Partner
MCT | Certified PL-300 Power BI

If I've helped, don't forget to mark my post as a solution!
Imagem de fundo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marcel. Thanks for your feedback. I did get this to work but had to add a little more DAX code than just true/false but the true/false was incorporated into my solution so thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.