Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on drill through

Hello, I have created 2 Power Bi dashboard pages with 2 separate Excel files. The similar points of the file are that they both have "Emp Name", "Date" and other columns, however each Excel sheet is used for a different performance measure thus some of their columns are different.  

Both dashboard pages will display the employee names and their scores based on the marks from the respective excel sheets. 

After creating the 2 performance dashboard I want to create a drill through page (page 3) where when a employees name is clicked on either page 1 or page 2 the employees name will appear on page 3 with both of the performance scores in a line chart 

The problem I am facing now is that when I am on pg 1 and clicks on an employees name to be drill trhough on pg 3, the value of the performance score of pg2 that is shown in pg 3 does not correspondes to that selected employee. 

Is there any way to let the selected employee name from a page to be also applied to the other page in the drill t??

Appreciate all the help I can get 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is not something you can do in Power BI. You can drill in but not drill out.  

You may be able to bend this with custom measures and TREATAS but it will not be trivial.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is not something you can do in Power BI. You can drill in but not drill out.  

You may be able to bend this with custom measures and TREATAS but it will not be trivial.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thank you for the reply. I have tried the TREATAS and it worked for my case but there are still some minor bugs with it I need to work out. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.