Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CloudMonkey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Publishing report but not dataset

Hello,

When I publish my pbix file to Service I notice both the report and dataset get updated. Please can you tell me how to publish only the report and not the dataset? (the reason being that my dataset on Service gets updated every day but by desktop dataset does not)

Thank you,

CM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_May
Regular Visitor

If you don't mind working on the dataset in a separate file to the report, open up the report in powerbi web and download the file as a copy of report with live connection to data online.  Rename the file to be different to the dataset then publish that.

I've found that keeping the dataset in a separate file to the report also lets me publish the report to multiple workspaces without having to delete and save as copy.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @CloudMonkey 

Sorry ,it is not supported yet currently and there is no other workaround.

When you republish the report, if a change in the dataset is detected, the dataset will be refreshed first and then the report will be refreshed.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.