Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RobMiles
Frequent Visitor

Publishing content to intranet

Currently I am not a pro user but have noticed that currently I can use an embed code to publish a report to a public website. 

I have read that you cannot use this feature to publish to an intranet page unless you are a pro user. 

If I purchase a Pro license, can I use this feature to embed a report on an internal page?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rob,

I am here because I have the same situation you had. Could you please let me know how you fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @RobMiles :

The short answer is yes; however, you can't probably can't share the content with any colleagues (so there would be no point).

With Power Apps & Sharepoint, other colleagues can consume the content if they either are Pro users as well or you have dedicated capacity (i.e., power bi embedded--skus EM1, EM2, or EM3); you can do all of this with full blown premium, but I'm sure cost is a concern here. 

In your situation, you may also be able to use the A skus (Azure dedicated capacity) to share content with your colleagues. I'm assuming you have some web developers on staff since you have an intranet. A lot of ISVs use the A skus if they want to embed PBI in their own web app. 

Here is a pretty good YouTube vid that walks through the different PBI dedicated capacity SKUs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQczRrUjTCc&t=255s

@Anonymous 

We have done it for a brief moment (as a test) with completely fabricated data to see if it works and there's nothing to stop you publishing it and seeing it within an intranet even as a non-pro user.

However, Microsoft asks you not to use this feature on your intranet so I assume it breaches their terms or licensing agreement. 

I suppose my question is more: will I be breaching their agreements if I do this AFTER purchasing a Pro license? Or more to the point, am I actually breaking any terms or is it simply a suggestion not to do it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!

I can't speak to the terms.

One major concern is having the ability to do that now, relying on that capability, and then one day realizing it isn't there any longer.

I can't remember the specific functionality, but something used to be part of the free version & they made it part of the 'paid for' package.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.