Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MateusStefani

Product with more than one value for the same Classification

My database has products which are produced in more than one Origin (ex.: Europa, LA, Canada, etc...). At the same time, my facts data tables (Sales, Purchase, Budget) also have the same column Origin on it. My product table can have only one row by sku and my origin table have one local for each Origin. 
When I connect the table Product with the table Origin (linked by Origin) and the table Product with the tables Facts (linked by sku), I can not connect the table Origin with the tables Facts, because it generates a circular condition. And if I can't connect both tables Origin and Products with the Facts table, I face filter problems issues. It doesn't filter correctly the Origin volumes or I can't filter the infos for one single sku.   

3 REPLIES 3
MateusStefani

The results expected are: when filtered an Origin, it shows all the skus and volumes regarding this location; when filtered a sku, all the facts (locations and volumes) related to this sku should be shown. The difficulty is, some skus have more than only one origin and I need to connect through the sku the dMaterial table with the facts tables, so it is not possible to have duplicate sku rows in dMaterial.  Also, when I filter an origin, the skus regarding this location are filtered and consequently the fact tables are filtered, but some of these skus have more than one origin, so actually the volumes of this location are not indeed filtered, it was filtered a sku and several locations related to it.  

If I cancel the connection between Materials and Origin to maintain only between Origin and Facts table, when filtered an origin, it wouldn't filter the skus.   

Capturar.PNG

@MateusStefani wrote:

My database has products which are produced in more than one Origin (ex.: Europa, LA, Canada, etc...). At the same time, my facts data tables (Sales, Purchase, Budget) also have the same column Origin on it. My product table can have only one row by sku and my origin table have one local for each Origin. 
When I connect the table Product with the table Origin (linked by Origin) and the table Product with the tables Facts (linked by sku), I can not connect the table Origin with the tables Facts, because it generates a circular condition. And if I can't connect both tables Origin and Products with the Facts table, I face filter problems issues. It doesn't filter correctly the Origin volumes or I can't filter the infos for one single sku.   

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share some data and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

I have included a photo in this topic. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.