Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AFI
Frequent Visitor

Problems with Power BI Premium and Windows 11

A few months ago I upgraded my 128gb 5950x to Windows 11. I found two major problems: I could no longer publish to premium defined workspaces for PBIX files larger than 1GB; and ii) Correlation Plot visual stopped working - what looked like to be to R corrplot integration problems.

After rolling back to Windows 10, premium functions worked fine - like being able to publish files larger than 1gb and R working with the Correlation Plot visual. I figured it could have been my set up and upgrade path. No problems ever since.

No, however, I've just bought a 64gb i7-12900h laptop with Windows 11 pre-installed. And the same problems emerge: i) Can't publish to premium defined workspaces for PBIX files larger than 1GB; and ii) Correlation Plot visual fails on the desktop.

I've reinstalled power bi and R and checked settings. Nothing works.

The workaround I'm using right now is to publish from another Windows 10 pc or laptop. It even works fine on a 32gb Windows 10 bootcamp MacBook. Correlation Plot visual works on those machines also (including on power bi service).

Anyone else having problems with Power BI premium and large files and/or R integration/Correlation Plot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AFI , that sounds strange, You are using the same power bi login in both machines, The login that has access to the premium workspace.

Also, check anyone else faced an issue https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AFI
Frequent Visitor

It has started working. It could be concurrent login problems, but not sure as I thought I had logged out of all other machines. Corrplot issue was just an incomplete install or R. 

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AFI ,

Is there any error message when the publish failing?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AFI , that sounds strange, You are using the same power bi login in both machines, The login that has access to the premium workspace.

Also, check anyone else faced an issue https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Thanks for the help. Yes. Same login on both machines. One for desktop the other for the laptop when I'm mobile. I do wonder if premium licensing could be a cause. I got some help and the pull method works to get the file to the Power BI Service (Solved: Re: Issue with Publishing PBIX File - Microsoft Power BI Community 

But still can't get Power BI desktop (premium) to publish large files from windows 11.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.