Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problems accessing Google Analytics 4 proprieties

Good afternoon.

I started a project involving Google Analytics data and when I connect using the default connector, just the Universal Analytic Property is showing.

As you can see on the images, I have three properties on Google Analytics, but just one is shown.

Please, someone could indicate what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

https://connixs3.s3.amazonaws.com/Erro+Google+Analytics/Screenshot+2021-06-20+151346.png

https://connixs3.s3.amazonaws.com/Erro+Google+Analytics/Screenshot+2021-06-20+151441.png

P.S.: I couldn't post the images. I tried using Google Drive, OneDrive, and AWS S3 addresses. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EmanuelTavares 

I'm sorry I can only see the link information you provided, the rest is not displayed. Maybe could you describe your problem in detail ?

Ailsamsft_0-1624331319300.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

I have tested the links and I could see the images, but I did a research and in fact, the new Google Analytics 4 is incompatible with the Power BI Google Analytics connector available on Power BI Desktop by default.

I found a paid (and expensive) connector and the solution was to do a downgrade and return to the use of Universal Analytics.

In my research, I found more people with the same problem.

Now the question is "when Microsoft will update the default Google Analytics Connector".

Regards,

Emanuel

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ReportMaster
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, now the beta 2.0 connector is compatible with GA4 data too but seems like that one is still presenting some issues. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party tool. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA4 connector in the data sources list:

GA4-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA4 account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your GA4 fields:

GA4-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

raymondpocher
Advocate III
Advocate III

Would be great if we can see this connector anytime soon 🙂 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EmanuelTavares 

You can put your suggestions in Ideas Forums.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EmanuelTavares 

I'm sorry I can only see the link information you provided, the rest is not displayed. Maybe could you describe your problem in detail ?

Ailsamsft_0-1624331319300.png

Best Regards

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

I have tested the links and I could see the images, but I did a research and in fact, the new Google Analytics 4 is incompatible with the Power BI Google Analytics connector available on Power BI Desktop by default.

I found a paid (and expensive) connector and the solution was to do a downgrade and return to the use of Universal Analytics.

In my research, I found more people with the same problem.

Now the question is "when Microsoft will update the default Google Analytics Connector".

Regards,

Emanuel

@EmanuelTavares Indeed! We've been waiting on their response for many months now. How long does this feature have to be in beta, when they definitely have a much more enhanced Copilot to resolve their development work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.