Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Barksdale

Problems Querying Salesforce Objects

Hello,

I'm new to Power BI but have a model that has a Calendar and use the Date field to create relationships between all my other models.

Calendar =
ADDCOLUMNS (
CALENDAR ( "1-jan-2013", "31-dec-2025" ),
"DateAsInteger", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYYMMDD" ),
"Year", YEAR ( [Date] ),
"Monthnumber", FORMAT ( [Date], "MM" ),
"YearMonthnumber", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYY/MM" ),
"YearMonthShort", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYY/mmm" ),
"MonthNameShort", FORMAT ( [Date], "mmm" ),
"MonthNameLong", FORMAT ( [Date], "mmmm" ),
"DayOfWeekNumber", WEEKDAY ( [Date] ),
"DayOfWeek", FORMAT ( [Date], "dddd" ),
"DayOfWeekShort", FORMAT ( [Date], "dddd" ),
"Quarter", "Q" & FORMAT ( [Date], "Q" ),
"YearQuarter", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYY" ) & "/Q" & FORMAT ( [Date], "Q" ),
"Date Days From Now", NOW()-[Date])

The problem i'm having is that when i try to connect to the "Lead" salesforce object i'm unable to perform any date based queries and it never reports an error. I'm doing the same thing i would have normally done which is form a relationship between the Date and the CreatedDate but it never seems to work. When i connect to the Salesforce Report: # of Leads and do the exact same thing it does work and all the queries start showing correct results. 

Here is the query for Lead:

let
Source = Salesforce.Data(),
Lead1 = Source{[Name="Lead"]}[Data],
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(Lead1,{"Email", "CreatedDate"}),
#"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Removed Other Columns",{"CreatedDate", "Email"})
in
#"Reordered Columns"

Here is the query for the Saesforce Report

let
Source = Salesforce.Reports(),
#"00O610000014MWSEA2" = Source{[Name="00O610000014MWSEA2"]}[Data]
in
#"00O610000014MWSEA2"

Whenever i try to transform the CreatedDate in the Lead Object (trying to turn the DateTime to just a Date) i get 

DataSource.Error: Non-grouped query that uses overall aggregate functions cannot also use LIMIT
Details:
List

Again i'm not an expert at this but there seems to be something weird happening when i try to form a relationship between the date.

I could also be doing things completly wrong so if that's the case please let me know.

All the best,

4 REPLIES 4
cacevedo

The Salesforce connector seems to have been broken for some time now, since October.  The release of 10/16 seems to make things a bit worse.

I'm still experienceing this problem - my SFDC Contact table will not query - it "breaks" once 18,001 rows are loaded. Has anyone else been experienceing this? I have the most up-to-date version on PBI downloaded. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Contact_Error.png

HI I have the same problem....I got an email today from support telling me they are aware of the issue and are still working on a fix....here is an ongoing thread describing the same problem..http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Extremely-Slow-Connection-to-Salesforce-since-update/m-p/113... I just updated to the latest release today and still no fix....no error but will not load all rows from a Salesforce object...expecting 100K+ but only getting 32K

Hi,

I'm still having the same problem, even with the latest release (January 2016). Was anybody able to solve it, or to find a workaround?

Francesco

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.