Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ConnorA
Frequent Visitor

Problem with publishing to a workspace

Hey everyone,

I have a very frustrating problem at hand and I would to know if anyone else has experienced the same and knows a solution.

Let me preface this by saying I have several thousand hours of PowerBI experience and consider myself quite adept, but I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PARTICULAR ERROR. It doesnt make sense to me.

So here is whats happening.

I have a very large report pulling lots of data from Sharepoint. I had several struggles in pulling this data, but I got it all into the Power Query Editor and when I close and apply my changes, everything loads fine, no errors are found.

Then within powerbi Desktop I will refresh the data sources to ensure everything is working, and the data source refreshes fine. No errors.

Now with my many years of experience this would usually tell me that the data is good, I am ready to publish.

I will then go and publish my report. Publishing works, I get the complete message, no errors.

Here is where the problem begins. When I log into my workspace to confirm the publish went through, I am seeing the report failing to refresh and giving me the following error code: 

Processing error:We cannot convert the value "[Value]" to type Record.

I think to myself, thats odd, I get no errors of this sort in the powerquery editor (NONE of my tables have any errors on them in their final state - I did have some columns from the sharepoint sources that appeared to be giving some issues but I have deleted them all within the applied steps). So I see absolutely no errors in the powerquery.

When I refresh data from desktop I see 0 errors and it refreshes without a problem.

Yet I cannot for the life of me get it to publish without seeing that error message.

I have lots of transformation and custom columns created, but none of them are showing me errors. I've spent 10+ staring at this trying to find the error in the error message but I cannot.

Is there something I am missing? Can an error exist in the query despite allowing me to refresh on my desktop without seeing any error messages? Could it have something to do with the workspace I published to and the gateway I use to refresh? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please help!!!

Full error message:

On demand1/19/2023, 11:46:03 AM1/19/2023, 11:46:40 AMFailedThere was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Processing error:We cannot convert the value "[Value]" to type Record.
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-US-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:49ec564a-1729-4888-b5ce-386e555722dd
Request ID:ebf693b4-9bf9-d53d-0cfd-dcd865683c1b
Time:2023-01-19 18:46:40Z
1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The latest service update 

lbendlin_0-1674341046802.png

seems to have caused a lot of issues around sharepoint data sources.  I suggest you consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.