Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

huguestremblay
Helper II
Helper II

Problem with Measure using COUNT or DISTINCTCOUNT (values not being counted)

Hello,

I am trying to use a measure that uses DISTINCTCOUNT and several of my items are not being counted.

I have simplified my measure to the minimum (eliminated all filters and conditions) to troubleshoot and even just a basic COUNT is not working as expected.  I am down to a table with 2 items in it, I am trying to count the number of items based the field named PR ID.

When I add the field to a table (or a bar chart) and use Count or Count (Distinct), I get the expected count of 2.

When I use a Measure with COUNT or DISTINCTCOUNT from that same field, only one of the 2 items is being counted and I get a result of 1 (instead of 2).

huguestremblay_0-1680723409422.png

Any help with what might be going on would be greatly appreciated as I cannot figure out what might be going on here.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you @Bmejia, the table that the measure was in had a filter that carried over from my copy/paste and I did not realize it (and feel pretty bad for not seeing that!) .  All good now.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bmejia
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I would double check you don't have anything filtering the measures.  I recreated the same measure with just the two PR ID and I am getting 2 not 1. )-:

Thank you @Bmejia, the table that the measure was in had a filter that carried over from my copy/paste and I did not realize it (and feel pretty bad for not seeing that!) .  All good now.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.