Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mardex
Frequent Visitor

Problem with FIltering

Hello,

I have the following Problem.

I have one Table with my assets.

and I have one table with INvoices and one with time where the asset is not available.

I have another table called cases where I have a case for each time when the assets are "producing" invoices and times where the asset is not available. 

The invoices can be without a case No as well as the not available time.

Now I need to filter for the assets. Then for the Case No so that, I see all invoices and all times where the asset is not available with the same case no. 

My problem is. I like to choose for some reason the asset and then the case no. filtered by the asset and I need to use the Asset table to start the filtering. 

But as all are already connected by the Calender Powerbi tells me that I cannot use filtering in Both directions for both of the tables (Invoice and Off Time). Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Unfortunately it makes no sence to show the relationships as there are already a lot of and it would irritate more then it would help

BRGDS
Jan 

3 REPLIES 3
mardex
Frequent Visitor

here is the sample. 

Sample

I need to be able to Filter by Ships only and by Cases. ( I forgot the INvoice and Off Hire Tables are also "connected" to a Kalender)

and a date Field

BRGDS
Jan

Hi mardex,

You can create two pages in your report. Put shipsname chart and shipsname slicer in page1 and put CaseNo chart and CaseNo slicer in page2 so the two slicer won't take effect with each other.

In addtion, you can also you visual level filter to filter a single chart without taking effect on other tables.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I have to admit that I my difficulties to really understand your requirement to w/o sample data. And it's also very likely that the table model based on my understanding would also contain some errors.

For this reason I ask you to create a pbix file that contains the table you mentioned and also contains some sample data. Upload the file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.