Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vbjo123

Problem refreshing data with live connection to dataset

Hi guys! I have a problem with refreshing data in desktoop that is using a live connection to a dataset. Apparantly, the dataset has a new column that is not included in my datamodel and this is the error message I receive: 

The model doesn't have a column named X in table X. 

I thought the thing with live connection was that it was supposed to implement any changes from the dataset automatically? 

If I start a new file and connect to the same dataset, this is not an issue and the new column shows up in my table.. However, I would prefer to not create new power BI files everytime this happens.. So, anyone who has enabled to work around this issue? 🙂 

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vbjo123 

According to your description, I tested the files of LC mode in Power BI Desktop, but I didn't find this problem. My test environment: connect to PowerBI dataset under LC mode.
What is your data source? And please provide a screenshot of the error message. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.