Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem in Calculating the Subject and Comparison Period Revenue with multiple currencies

Hi all,

I am new to POWER BI.
I have a problem in calculating the Comparison_Period_Revenue.

My Source is SQL Server Analysis Services tabular live connection.

I have 4 tables

Stay Date

Calendar_Date

Compare Date
Compare_Date

Stay
Calendar_Date_Copy   Rooms       Revenue     Hotel_id
1/1/2018                           5                100             1
1/2/2018                           3                 60              1
1/1/2019                           4                120             1          
1/2/2019                           2                100             1
1/2/2019                           9                 150            2

Conversion Currency
Calendar_Date       Currency_Code              Exchange_Rate_Amount       Hotel_id
1/1/2018                      US Dollar                               0.12                             1
1/1/2018                      EURO                                    0.08                              1
1/2/2018                      US Dollar                               0.13                              1
1/1/2019                      Bhutan Currency                   1.50                              1
1/1/2019                      US Dollar                              1.02                              1
1/1/2019                      Bhutan Currency                    1.40                             2

The following are the relations between tables.

Stay Date --- Stay                                        Active
Stay Date --- Conversion Currency             Active
Compare Date --- Stay                                In Active
Compare Date --- Conversion Currency      In Active

Following are the filters
Calendar_Date
Compare_Date
Hotel_id
Currency_Code (Single Selection)

I want to display the results as following table.
---------------------------------------------------
Hotel_id Subject_Period_Revenue Comparison_Period_Revenue

I am able to calculate Subject Period Revenue.

Subject_Exchange_RATE = var rate=CALCULATE(FIRST NON BLANK('CONVERSION CURRENCY'[Exchange Rate  Amount],1),ALL SELECTED('STAY DATE'[Calendar Date]),USE RELATIONSHIP('STAY DATE'[Calendar Date],'CONVERSION CURRENCY'[CALENDAR_DATE]),FILTER('CONVERSION CURRENCY','CONVERSION CURRENCY'[Currency Code]=SELECTED VALUE('CONVERSION CURRENCY'[Currency Code])))
RETURN RATE
Subject Period Revenue = SUM(STAY[Stay Room Revenue])*'CONVERSION CURRENCY'[Subject_Exchange_RATE]

But i am unable to calculate the Comparison Period Revenue ( Revenue * Exchange Rate)

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, you could create Comparison_Period_Revenue like the way to create Subject_Period_Revenue( replace 'STAY DATE'[Calendar Date] with 'Compare Date'[Compare_Date] ).

But i am unable to calculate the Comparison Period Revenue ( Revenue * Exchange Rate)

Is your result wrong or is your DAX not working? I am not very clear about it.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the reply. 

Following is the DAX i created for the Comparison Period Revenue.

Compare Revenue = VAR MYRATE= CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK('CONVERSION CURRENCY'[Exchange Rate Amount],1), ALLSELECTED('COMPARE DATE'[Calendar Date]),

FILTER('CONVERSION CURRENCY','CONVERSION CURRENCY'[Currency Code]=SELECTEDVALUE('CONVERSION CURRENCY'[Currency Code])))
RETURN (CALCULATE(SUM(STAY[Stay Room Revenue]),ALL('STAY DATE'[Calendar Date]),USERELATIONSHIP(STAY[Calendar Date Copy],'COMPARE DATE'[Calendar Date])))*MYRATE

But it is giving me the subject period exchange rate* Comparison Period Revenue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.