Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PreviousMonth Name to Display in Texbox

Hi all,

I would like to display PreviousMonth name by comparing Today() currentmonth-1.

Thanks,

Vijay.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thanks Remi,

this works fine but thing is i would like to add this as a Dynamic text into my text box.

so i created this (Previous month = FORMAT(DATE("2000";MONTH(TODAY())-1;"01");"mmmm") as mesure 

and tried to put in text box but it is not taking,but when i keep in Card it is working.

my actual requirement is to Display "January2017 Month Leaves" bold text along other text i want display in text box.

my query here is Can't we Display Measure along some Static Text in Text box.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous,

As you know, textbox only supports static text content, we are not allowed to add a measure into it.

To work around your requirement, you can append the static text to the dynamic Month value in measure and display it in Card visual. However, the limitation is that we cannot set "January2017" and "Month Leaves" to different font formats.

The measure could be:
Previous month = FORMAT(DATE("2000";MONTH(TODAY())-1;"01");"mmmm") & " Month Leaves"

Alternatively, you can use a Card to display dynamic Month value and use Text box to display static text. Adjust the position of Card to make it locate inside the Textbox so that the text looks like a entirety.

2.PNG

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
NikkiBeak27

Another more flexible way of doing it

Previous Month = FORMAT(EOMONTH(NOW(),-1),"MMMM YYYY")

this way you can format it any way you want

TYSM super helpful

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best answer!  Thank you

kalleeljas
Frequent Visitor

Hello.

You can do this by creating an empty Query.

Go to Edit Query --> New Source --> Blank Query --> Paste the following code into the field --> name your Query (Should be Query1 by default).

= Text.Proper(Date.MonthName((Date.AddMonths(DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()), -1))))

bild.png

Now you sould see a field named "Previuos Month" with previous months name.

Thank you so much this worked for me

Rémi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello,

You have to get the current month from the Today() function, then display the name of previous month :

Previous month = FORMAT(DATE("2000";MONTH(TODAY())-1;"01");"mmmm")

It works for all month, I checked January 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thanks Remi,

this works fine but thing is i would like to add this as a Dynamic text into my text box.

so i created this (Previous month = FORMAT(DATE("2000";MONTH(TODAY())-1;"01");"mmmm") as mesure 

and tried to put in text box but it is not taking,but when i keep in Card it is working.

my actual requirement is to Display "January2017 Month Leaves" bold text along other text i want display in text box.

my query here is Can't we Display Measure along some Static Text in Text box.

Hi @Anonymous,

As you know, textbox only supports static text content, we are not allowed to add a measure into it.

To work around your requirement, you can append the static text to the dynamic Month value in measure and display it in Card visual. However, the limitation is that we cannot set "January2017" and "Month Leaves" to different font formats.

The measure could be:
Previous month = FORMAT(DATE("2000";MONTH(TODAY())-1;"01");"mmmm") & " Month Leaves"

Alternatively, you can use a Card to display dynamic Month value and use Text box to display static text. Adjust the position of Card to make it locate inside the Textbox so that the text looks like a entirety.

2.PNG

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.