Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mamabox
Regular Visitor

PowerBi Report wont work after publishing in app.powerbi.com

Hello,

my company is currently facing a strange interaction.

I got some PowerBi Reports from Finance and they wont them published in Teams.
We already used MySQL Reports and had no issues whats so ever.

My Implementations looks as following:
On Prem Connector on AAD and DC Server.
AAD User is logged in and an lokal Service User is in use.

The Report got published in a spezific workgroup.
Gateway is assigned and online(Is working with other Reports already)
Datasource is a Analysis Service on a SQL Server.

Mamabox_1-1663771162486.png

The provided local User is sql server admin and a connect via sql server management is possible for example.
The Datasource is online aswell.

But as soon as i open the report i got the following error message:

Mamabox_2-1663771259956.png

Where could my mistake be. Got an local connection. Gateway is working with other reports but this one wont work.

Best regard,
Michael Seidel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mamabox ,

When you have "Live connection" set up people viewing the dashsboard must have access to the data source.  Please check if the service account(s) you're using for SSAS/EGW has "Read" permission on the AD user in acrtive directory. I had an issue this week where one user had "Read" for "Authenticated Users" checked, and the other had not (and that user's connection failed).

refer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Power-BI-This-report-could-not-access-its-data-source-p... 

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mamabox ,

When you have "Live connection" set up people viewing the dashsboard must have access to the data source.  Please check if the service account(s) you're using for SSAS/EGW has "Read" permission on the AD user in acrtive directory. I had an issue this week where one user had "Read" for "Authenticated Users" checked, and the other had not (and that user's connection failed).

refer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Power-BI-This-report-could-not-access-its-data-source-p... 

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.