Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lefever_1111

PowerBi Desktop Fails to Load all data for one user but not another user

Hello -

Recently I built someone a PowerBi dashboard using the PowerBi desktop app that I have been refreshing daily for about three months. I now am attempting to transition that responsibility to another user. After sending all of the relevant files and updating the data source settings the dashboard appears to fail to refresh. More specifically, at what appears to be about 170-200MB/ 450k rows it generates an error and reacts like the rest of the data set is blank. I have checked the source csv and it appears to contain all of the necessary data. When I refresh the dashboard on my machine, the file appropriately brings in the full ~800MB of data without error.

Additional Information
Dashboard references two files
File 1 - CSV file with about 2M rows and 800MB
File 2 - Excel file, 2 columns with about 80 rows of information

There is minimal transformation and about 10 calculated fields throughout.

If anyone has an idea as to the issue, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Lefever_1111 , Check if you are on August 2022, a few users reported a similar issue in August 2022 .

Check issue -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Lefever_1111

I, the author of the dashboard, am on August 2022 while the user I am attempting to have load the dashboard is on March 2022. I have requested they update, will update if the issue is resolved/ continues. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Lefever_1111 , Check if you are on August 2022, a few users reported a similar issue in August 2022 .

Check issue -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.