Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI on Dynamics 365 - GL/Main Tables

Hello,

I have a requirement wherein I need to connect to Dynamics 365 source from PowerBI Pro - and report GL Main Accounts balances (Budget vs Actual and Debit vs Credit), but I am unable to find the correct D365 tables where these columns are available.

I tried downloading the dataset for Dynamics365 Financials Content pack, wherein I see the details of Main Accounts (entity) and measures (see screenshot),  but do not see the measures (see second screenshot) when connected to actual tables in D365 from PowerBI.

Kindly help in getting the right D365 tables wherein these measures are available.

D365 Financials Content pack - dataset exported to excel.pngPBI - MainAccount table columns.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous, if you're a system admin you can do the following:

1. Open the form you want to get in Dynamics 365.

2. Right click on the form.

3. Hover over form information

4. Click on Form name: XXXXXX

5. Click Administration

6. Scroll down to find the query statement.

This will give you the query used to generate that form. You can try to copy it to Power BI.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Oshin2010
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ajay,

Did you manage to do it?  I am facing similar issue.  I need to generate Trial Balance by dimension.  

How did you do it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Oshin2010, any luck on how to bulid a trial balance with dimensions in Power BI?

Oshin2010
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ajay,

I am having a similar issue.  I need to build a Trial balance by dimensions.  

Did you manage to find your tables?

Os

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you use import function to load this pivot table from excel workbook.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

Thanks for your response.

The problem that I am facing is, I am unable to find the correct table & column names which I have to use to build PowerBI reports for Credit vs Debit and Budget vs Actual expenditure for GL Main accounts.

Any information on this would be of greatl help.

Thanks,

Ajay

@Anonymous, if you're a system admin you can do the following:

1. Open the form you want to get in Dynamics 365.

2. Right click on the form.

3. Hover over form information

4. Click on Form name: XXXXXX

5. Click Administration

6. Scroll down to find the query statement.

This will give you the query used to generate that form. You can try to copy it to Power BI.

Birdjo
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello,

You can look at the General Ledger entities here

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Birdjo,

Thanks for your response 🙂

I checked the link that you shared, but could not get details on the column/attributes required - where can I possibly get this information ?

Thanks,

Ajay

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.