Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kristofferaabo
Helper IV
Helper IV

PowerBI can't regocnize my data

Hi, I have used this data many times, it comes from a large database which I pull a big file once or month or so. I have never had problems linking it to powerBI.

But suddenly it wont recognize the data.

There is a 'value' logo next to each of the columns even though many of the columns contains text. Lastly the relationship between the dataset doesn't work even though I'm aware that only one of the columns only have one instance of the value (i have removed duplicates to ensure).

Have anybody else had these issues? I have attached a screenshot

Thanks in advance

Kristoffeer

2017-01-17_22-43-09.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the comment! I got the relationships to work last night (i think) one reason could be that the columns was not formatted the same way. (one values and another one text)

The last think regarding the value-icon is strange, and might a bug. They appeared after I udpated tothe January version...

Cheers

KRistoffer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

I noticed this as well, but once I created the relation between tables, everything looked the way it suppose to be. Could you please try doing the relations and see if it changes.

For sure, it seems to be a bug and I noticed this too.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,

P

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks for the comment! I got the relationships to work last night (i think) one reason could be that the columns was not formatted the same way. (one values and another one text)

The last think regarding the value-icon is strange, and might a bug. They appeared after I udpated tothe January version...

Cheers

KRistoffer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.